The next meeting of Butley, Capel St Andrew & Wantisden Parish Council will be held on Thursday 11th November 2021 at 7:45pm in Butley Village Hall - Agenda - Click Here, Draft Minutes September Meeting - Click Here
The Annual Parish Meeting was held virtually on Thursday 29th April 2021 at 7:30pm. Agenda - Please Click Here, APM Meeting Reports received:-
Update on Mill Lane, Butley
From 2 February 2021 Suffolk Highways have received 11 customer reports regarding this road, 9 about potholes, 1 about mud and 1 about mud and potholes. SH received a report on 2 February 2021 regarding a collapse in the carriageway and other defects.
Suffolk Highways attended the site on 4 February 2021 and raised a 10 day order to have the collapse and other defects repaired. The gang attended site on 18 February 2021 and completed the repairs. However, following completion of the repairs it was noted that there was possible badger activity in the area which could have caused the defects. SH contacted SCC’s ecology team and requested they attend and investigate further.
On the 25 February 2021 the ecology team confirmed that there had been recent badger activity. From here SH needed to employ the services of specialist consultants to apply for a licence from Natural England to be able to move the badgers on safely. These licences are issued between June and November, outside of badger breeding times.
Once Suffolk Highways have confirmation that the badgers have been safely moved on they will assess and repair the full extent of any further damage caused. From experience Suffolk Highways expect this to be late August or into September, but this depends on the badgers and amount of damage caused and availability of resources etc.
I can confirm currently Mill Lane, Butley is open. However, a Highway Assessment Officer has been requested to attend the site to monitor the situation with regards to the current badger activity and any possible safety issues to the carriageway.
Cabinet Member for Highways, Transport and Rural Affairs
County Councillor for Wilford
The Council is a joint Council representing the three Parishes of Butley, Wantisden and Capel St Andrew. They meet 6 times a year and hold an Annual Parish Meeting.
The council consists of 7 Councillors, 4 from Butley, 2 from Capel St Andrew and 1 from Wantisden.
The Council has a precept of £2,867.39 for the current financial year. This money supports the Parish Council's running costs by paying the Clerk's salary and expenses, maintaining the churchyards by hiring and paying a contractor to cut the grass, supporting the Village Hall Committee by helping in the purchase of play equipment and maintaining the bus shelter.
The Parish Council's responsibilities include:
- Finance - The Parish Council are responsible for the approval and monitoring of Council expenditure, annually analysing future funding requirements and recommending the precept to be raised and also for arranging insurance of parish property, loans and donations and other associated activities requiring finance.
- Parish Property - The Council look after the village signs, the Butley Info Point, three notice-boards and Andy (the Tin Man).
- Planning — The Parish Council receives and considers consultation copies of all Planning Applications relating to the parishes. Recommendations from the Council either in support of the application or as objections, are passed to Suffolk Coastal District Council who, as Planning Authority, may take note of these comments in their determination of the application. A full list of planning applications considered by the Parish Council can be viewed on Suffolk Coastal DC website
- Highways - The Parish Council liaises with the local highway authority on matters such as road condition and cleaning, signposting etc.
All meetings are advertised 3 days prior to the meeting on the Village notice boards and all parishioners are invited to attend
Butley, Wantisden and Capel St Andrew Parish Council is here to serve all residents and aims to be as accessable as possible. If you would like to speak to the Parish Clerk, Joanne Peters, you can contact her in the following ways:
- call on 01394 459400
- e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to: Ms Joanne Peters, Neutral Farm House, Mill Lane, Butley, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 3PA