Welcome to the Butley, Capel St Andrew & Wantisden website
The Council is a joint Council representing the three Parishes of Butley, Wantisden and Capel St Andrew. They meet 6 times a year and hold an Annual Parish Meeting.
The council consists of 9 Councillors, 5 from Butley, 3 from Capel St Andrew and 1 from Wantisden. The Council has a precept of £2,737.00 for the current financial year. This money supports the Parish Council's running costs by paying the Clerk’s salary and expenses, maintaining the churchyards by hiring and paying a contractor to cut the grass, supporting the Village Hall Committee by helping in the purchase of play equipment.
The Parish Council’s responsibilities include:
- Finance - We are responsible for the approval and monitoring of Council expenditure, annually analysing future funding requirements and recommending the precept to be raised and also for arranging insurance of parish property, loans and donations and other associated activities requiring finance.
- Parish Property - The Council look after the village signs, the Butley Info Point, three notice-boards, Andy (the Tin Man).
- Planning — The Parish Council receives and considers consultation copies of all Planning Applications relating to the parishes. Recommendations from the Council either in support of the application or as objections, are passed to Suffolk Coastal District Council who, as Planning Authority, may take note of these comments in their determination of the application. A full list of planning applications considered by the Parish Council can be viewed on Suffolk Coastal DC website
- Highways - The Parish Council liaises with the local highway authority on matters such as road condition and cleaning, signposting etc.
All meetings are advertised 3 days prior to the meeting on the Village notice boards and all parishioners are invited to attend.
Butley, Wantisden and Capel St Andrew arish Council is here to serve all residents and aims to be as accessable as possible. If you would like to speak to the Clerk, Joanne Peters, please contact her in the following ways:
- call on 01394 459400
- e-mail at email@example.com
- write to: Ms Joanne Peters, Neutral Farm House, Mill Lane, Butley, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 3PA