The next Parish Council meeting will be held on Thursday 11th January 2024 at 7:30pm in Butley Village Hall - Members of the public are welcome to attend - Agenda - Click Here
Suffolk County Council are asking for your support to encourage all affected residents to report significant flooding to individual properties by clicking on this link and using the Highways Reporting Tool, if they do not have access to the internet they should call the SCC customer service number: 0345 606 6171.
How to use the Reporting Tool:
Click on Report It, (green button in the top left hand corner) then click Drainage and Flooding and select the most appropriate drop down option. Please include as much information as you have, there is also an option to upload photos.
2021/22 - Butley - Click Here
2022/23 - Capel St Andrew - Click Here
The Parish Council is a joint Council representing the three Parishes of Butley, Wantisden and Capel St Andrew. They meet 6 times a year and hold an Annual Parish Meeting.
The council consists of 9 Councillors, 6 from Butley, 2 from Capel St Andrew and 1 from Wantisden. The result of the 2023 Election can be found - HERE
The Council raises a yearly precept. This money supports the Parish Council's running costs by paying the Clerk's salary and expenses, maintaining the churchyards by hiring and paying a contractor to cut the grass, supporting the Village Hall Committee by helping in the purchase of play equipment and maintaining the bus shelter.
The Parish Council's responsibilities include:
- Finance - The Parish Council are responsible for the approval and monitoring of Council expenditure, annually analysing future funding requirements and recommending the precept to be raised and also for arranging insurance of parish property, loans and donations and other associated activities requiring finance.
- Parish Property - The Council look after the village signs, the Butley Info Point, three notice-boards and Andy (the Tin Man).
- Planning — The Parish Council receives and considers consultation copies of all Planning Applications relating to the parishes. Recommendations from the Council either in support of the application or as objections, are passed to Suffolk Coastal District Council who, as Planning Authority, may take note of these comments in their determination of the application. A full list of planning applications considered by the Parish Council can be viewed on Suffolk Coastal DC website
- Highways - The Parish Council liaises with the local highway authority on matters such as road condition and cleaning, signposting etc.
All meetings are advertised 3 days prior to the meeting on the Village notice boards and all parishioners are invited to attend
Butley, Wantisden and Capel St Andrew Parish Council is here to serve all residents and aims to be as accessable as possible. If you would like to speak to the Parish Clerk, Joanne Peters, you can contact her in the following ways:
- call on 01394 459400
- e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to: Ms Joanne Peters, Neutral Farm House, Mill Lane, Butley, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 3PA